Rural Hospitals are integrated part of rural healthcare system and rural economy. Because of the significant impact of rural hospitals on community well-being, rural hospital is a critical component in rural community. Raskot Hospital is also expected to play vital role in development of local community not only in health, but in multiple dimensions. The hospital will provide services across the continuum of care from primary care to long-term care. The benefits that local community will get after the hospital is set up are categorized as follows:
- Improved access to and quality of health care services, leading to improved health status and better quality of life for
- Decrease in morbidity and mortality, resulting in general healthier
- Greater equity of access to health service
- Grass-roots health care systems could serve a locus for social mobilization bringing people together around a common
- Increased productivity due to improved health, and decrease in person-days lost to sickness, enabling economic
- Reduction in burden of disease could result in reduced need for resources spent on health
- Expanding access to health care services reduces household’s opportunity cost of seeking
- Better management, improved training and supervision could yield efficiency to the system, resulting in cost
- Hospital will provide direct employment opportunities, especially for women. Priorities will be given while hiring staff to competent local health worker and other admin/support positions in the hospital. The hospital and its aided service are expected to give direct employment opportunities more than 40
- Hospital attracts businesses in its vicinity increasing employment Based on observation of other rural hospitals in the country, it can be estimated that equal number of people will be benefited by employment opportunities generated due to business in its area.
- Enhanced community participation in health services, leading to increased local ownership, utilization and
- Digital Hospital provides clear, complete, accurate, measurable data to government and stakeholders which is very helpful in policy
- Concurrent roadway development activity increasing connectivity to the hospital, in general improves connectivity within the community
Based on talks with different stakeholders of municipality, district health office, local organizations, local community and province government, it was concluded the hospital would not only benefit people of Raskot, but have prime impact on municipalities listed below on the table. The target populations is categorized as primary impact population and secondary impact population. For population in primary impact region, the nearest hospital with inpatient ward to them would be Raskot Hospital. For Secondary impact population, the Raskot Hospital lies at equal distance to them to other nearby hospital.
Source: Estimated Target Population of HMIS 2075/76.
It is also expected that people from southern part of Mugu and Humla may be benefitted after the establishment of hospital. Hence the total number of beneficiaries may cross 100,000.
Total Beneficiaries = 1,00,000
Total Cost of Project = NPR 10,00,00,000
Cost per beneficiary = Total Cost of Project / Total Beneficiaries
= NPR 10,00,00,000/1,00,00
= NPR 1000